Training for the 2013 ING Hartford Half Marathon begins July 27.
This 12-week program is appropriate for those who can run/walk 6 miles at an 11:00 mile pace (or faster) before the first practice on Saturday, July 27. Our group long run will be on Saturday mornings at 8am (though as runs get longer, practice will move to 7am). We also encourage you to join in our Wednesday fun runs at 6:30pm and our Thursday night track workouts at 6:30 pm– perfect if you don’t like running alone.
Coaches are available to answer any questions via e-mail, and send a weekly e-mail newsletter with the training plan and additional tips to stay healthy. Special mini-clinics will ensure that in addition to training properly, you're given the right knowledge about footwear, socks, insoles, sports bras, hydration and other important topics that can improve your enjoyment of running.
If anything is more exciting that completing your first (or second or tenth…) Half Marathon, it's completing it with a great team of friends!
- 12 Week Program
- Starts, Saturday, July 27 @ 8am
- Goal Race is the ING Hartford Half Marathon (October 13)
- Coached Group Runs are Saturday at 8am (meet at store)
- Optional group runs on Wed at 6:30pm
- Fee: $125 (does NOT include race entry fee)
- Register: Online or in-store